How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

our house lies at the end of an alleyway owned by someone else

Customer Question

our house lies at the end of an alleyway owned by someone else and through which we have right of access. our gas and electricity supplies run along the wall in a pipe. we wish to modernise our house and its utility supplies. are we obliged to bury any new gas/elec supply (v expensive) or can we run them in a new pipe/duct along the wall as they do at present. ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

I know of no legal requirement to put gas and electricity supplies underground. You should get a second opinion from a different utility supplier and seek a specific quote for not putting the pipes etc underground.