How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

How do i arrange to transfer the property deed from previous

This answer was rated:

How do i arrange to transfer the property deed from previous owner who is now deceased to individuals that are named in the deceased will. There is still an outstanding mortgage attached to the property which is being paid by the child of the deceased who is one of three beneficiary and has been living in the property for the last 6 years following the death.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

On the basis that you are the Executor, the first step is that you will need to apply foe the Grant of Probate. Once obtained, you will need to need to get a local Solicitor to prepare the Land Registry Assent document, which is the document you will need to sign to transfer the property to the 3 beneficiaries, and which will need to be registered at the Land Registry.
If one of the beneficiaries is discharging the Mortgage, this should be done on or shortly before the date the Assent document is signed.

I hope this sets out the legal position to you and as mentioned, you are best to speak to a local Solicitor to get the necessary paperwork drawn up.

Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you