How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am having trouble with a ppi claims company. It seems I have

This answer was rated:

I am having trouble with a ppi claims company. It seems I have been in breach in contract although I have been in contact by phone. They have now terminated the agreement. I asked for an invoice a month ago to see how much they claimed they had actually done for me to try and settle the contract but they refused. They have now invoiced me for £691 including VAT but the claim is only for a 30% of my award £990. I had been sending duplicate information to both parties but stopped after tthey refused to forward me an invoice my money has not yet been received. Please advise what my legal standing is. Should I just agree to pay them there 30% or take it to court?

I would appreciate any advise on this matter.

Ms N Brown

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : So their fee should only be £297 is that right please?

I believe so

Alex Watts : Ok. So they have sent you am invoice, they haven't deducted it from any award you have had?

No they have just sent me a 21 day notice of payment of outstanding bill which is the £691the last thing I did not comply and send them was a copy the final decision letter which I believed if they had been doing all the correspondence they would have received too. Which is why I called to ask for an invoice.

Alex Watts : Ok so payment is being sent to you direct from the bank, then they take their cut?

I believe so the cheque was requested in my name

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : so you should take the cheque, pay to the company what you believe is the correct amount and ask them to prove otherwise.
Alex Watts : You hold the upper hand, they want the money from you.
Alex Watts : At the extreme if they issued a small claim they would have to prove to the judge all this sum was owing.
Alex Watts : We both know it can't be - they can't even do their own sums.
Alex Watts : Therefore you should pay what is actaully owed and not what they are claiming.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Thank you I thought they might be bullying me . Do I write or call to stop the incoice explained thatI'm awaiting payment?

Alex Watts : Write don't call. Make sure everything is in writing.
Alex Watts : Ask them to clarify the invoice and say you are awaiting paymeng
Alex Watts : @ payment @
Alex Watts : If this answers your question might I invite you to rate my answer.
Alex Watts : If the system won't let you, please do say,
Alex Watts : If you need further help please click reply.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you