How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If I am divorcing my husband as we have been living separately

This answer was rated:

If I am divorcing my husband as we have been living separately for the last 2 years, do we have to have been registered officially at different addresses? He moved out and has been living with his parents, so not officially registered there?

As long as both of you have been physically living apart with the intention to be separated for the 2 years and he consents to the divorce, that is fine, he does not need to be "registered" at his parent's address.

It is also possible to be separated whilst living under the same roof although a greater scrutiny is applied by the courts here e.g. whether different bedrooms were used, eating together, etc.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great - many thanks.

Cheers. Please remember to leave feedback