How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, my sisters house has just been repossessed and from

This answer was rated:

Hello, my sisters house has just been repossessed and from I understand the debt is very small and I want to pay it on her behalf, however the mortgage bank, C&G will not allow me to pay it on her behalf without my sister's consent or authority, problem is my sister is gone missing. How can I secure the payment and protect the property while the police are look for her.

I am afraid C&G are quite within their rights not to accept payment from you without your sistter's consent.

However, they should be given a report from the police that she is indeed missing and that they are looking for her so that they put a hold on any disposal off the property pending her being traced.

Although legally, they do not have to wait for your sister to be found I am afraid, however strong the moral argument for doing so.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything else I can do!
I am afraid your sister needs to be found.
There is not much you can do if you do not hold a power of attorney to deal with her affairs.