How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We are living in our own property but there is a tree out side

This answer was rated:

We are living in our own property but there is a tree out side my property belonging to our local council the roots of the said tree have now come under my property damaging my gravel boards fence and paving slabs I have put it in writing to my local council but I have had no reply back I have phoned my local ombudsman who as now e mailed me back to tell me I have got a case to go to court so what is my next step thanks sue

Yes, the council is liable for damage caused to your property by their tree.

See this case:

I would advise you to appoint a solicitor to represent you in your claim for damages against the council, you could try and see if the solicitor is willing to work on a no win no fee basis such that they get a commission say 25% of whatever amount is awarded against the council and no commission if they do not getanything out of the council.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you