How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My partner and i bought a timeshare many years a go and since

This answer was rated:

My partner and i bought a timeshare many years a go and since his death in 2012 i have been trying to get rid of it. The company won't take it back and i have tried selling it on ebay. What will happen if I stop paying the fees

You could be sued by the company for breach of contract if you simply stop paying the fees as set out in the timeshare agreemenht.

If judgement is awarded by the courts against you, your credit records will be affected and steps could be taken to enforce the judgement if you do not pay the money as ordered by the court.

There are a few companies which deal with the resell of such timeshares, perhaps you could approach them to see if they are able to take it off your hands:

May I help further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have tried selling it, but no luck. so am i stuck with it

Yes, unless the company agrees to terminate it or take it back.

Sorry -please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you