How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10779
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

my father recentley passed away an left a will leaving estate

This answer was rated:

my father recentley passed away an left a will leaving estate between 9 of us but i know in his understanding he meant the house there are three of us that are blood an other six were his wifes kids she died about 20 yrs ago so the money that dad had was his not hers it is goin through probate although my father left a will so what right have my brothers an myself to stop her siblings havin dads money they did not care for dad when she died but they now like leaches it does not seem fair they were never there for him unless they wanted money im his only daughter an loved him all my life im not that bothered about the money but it hurts so much when they crawl in like slugs as though they deserve it
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I am afraid to say that there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop the other 6 from inheriting, if your Dad left a valid Will including them. Indeed, if the Executor(s) do not divide the Estate 9 ways, they would be breaching their duties and the 6 could sue them and claim their one ninth share directly from the Executors.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, and although I appreciate your situation, it sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you