How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I want to register my child as British citizen, she came in

This answer was rated:

I want to register my child as British citizen, she came in 8years ago, I find can't find her passport that she came in with, she has over stayed, she 12yrs. I became british in March..
Please what are the supporting document for this application?

You may apply to register your child as a British Citizen using form MN1. The application will be under S.3(1) of the British Nationality Act on the grounds that registration will be in the best interests of the child.

Evidence will be proof of your British Citizenship, school enrolment, doctors letter, the child's birth certificate as you do not have a passport for the child, you will need to explain that the passport the child used to enter the UK is lost.

May I help further?

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I need to get a police report on the missing passport or do I just tell the home office that the passport she came in with is lost. I do not know when and where the passport is. Am worried
No police report if the passport is lost, if it was stolen, then a police report would have required. You may be asked to swear a declaration that it is missing.

However, I would not worry too much about the lost passport, as long as your daughter is here and you have got British Citizenship and you are her promary carer.