How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

My neighbours had new fencing put up and their workman totally

This answer was rated:

My neighbours had new fencing put up and their workman totally destroyed a 20year old plant and with it the look of my garden

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

You should be able to take action against the workmen and/or the neighbour for the destruction of your plants if they destroyed them without your consent.

tdlawyer :

You can do this by issuing a claim online at

tdlawyer :

The value of your claim would be the replacement cost of the plant that was destroyed, taking into account it's age and size etc.

Customer: Thank you. I don't want to claim off my neighbour as they instructed the work man to be careful. The plant was attached to the fence in parts but when they took the fence down they crashed on the plant and then when they tried to rehang what was left in Taft and ended up butchering it some more. Ido have before and after pictures. Do you think I could have a case
tdlawyer :

So you want to claim off the people that actually damaged them - yes, you could do this, and if you can show that they did the damage, then yes, I think you have a claim.

Customer: Many thanks. Very helpful
tdlawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you