How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Where a solicitor and barrister takes instructions to argue

This answer was rated:

Where a solicitor and barrister takes instructions to argue x at court and then at court they say the complete opposite. Waht avenue of compalint is avaialable about them?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you made a formal complaint please?


Alex Watts : Yes?

not yet i have written to him to ask for a full explanation. I have given him till 3;30pm to reply and will take next step then.

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : You need to write as you have done so and make a formal complaint.
Alex Watts : The firm will have a complaints procedure and will need to follow it.
Alex Watts : The same applies to Chambers for the Barrister you can complain to the head of Chambers.
Alex Watts : If it is not resolved you can complain to the legal ombudsman.
Alex Watts : They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint. Their website is
Alex Watts : You can also complain to the regulators.
Alex Watts : For Solicitors it is the SRA and Barristers the Bar Stanadrds Board
Alex Watts : Finally if they have ignored you, you could of course sue for negligence.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Can I just ask the follow up question. My friend has been so demoralised that she has not appealed yet the possession order made on 30/5/14 to take effect at 4pm today Fridzay 13th June 2014. You had said she has 21 days to appeal that would end on 20th June 2014. I understand that the council will have to ask for an eviction order to effect the possession of the acomodation.

1) can my friend still appeal the order made on 30th May given that the order was she give up possession today (13/6/14).

2) at the hearing for eviction order can she ask the judge to consider succession which was not argued at teh inigtial hearing?

Thank you