How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My business partner wants to buy me out and we need to know

This answer was rated:

My business partner wants to buy me out and we need to know whether we can use cash held in the business to do this?

There are various restrictions on the use of company funds for the purchase of shares in the company.

It would be advisable to distribute the funds to your business partner first (after payment of any applicable corporate taxes) and then for your business partner to use those funds to purchase your shares.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you