How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Im a married man. Ive been harrass by a girl who lured me

Customer Question

I'm a married man. I've been harrass by a girl who lured me in first by offering me sexual favours. I fell for her and was about to divorce my wife and then a friend knocked soem sense into me and I also found out about her physical interactions iwth other guys and some really nasty videos of her with other people made during the time she was with me.

We had some moneh exchange between us as well but no written contract what so ever. She gave me money for arranging these sex orgies and stuff and then she took lot of cash from me for things however each time she only took cash and I was stupid enough to just hand over the cash. Once she told me that she slept wtih some guy and I got really angry and then she transferred some money back to me

Once I broke up with her on the grounds of the videos that I saw of her with other guys during the time when she claimed to eb with me she started harrassing and showing me all bank transfers and asking me to pay her around 17K...where as I've given her lot more in cash but no proof. Lot of time we had dinners or hotel stays which I paid for and she paid her dues through bank transfer to me

Now she is claiming that she want all the money back that she transferred online and also I'm worried that she may have made some video of mine as well as clearly she does taht very often

I don't have the money to give her and I need to know what can I do.

I don't live in UK anymore nor I'm a british citizen however I want this harrasment to stop and also if I'm concerned that she may have some video that she will start using as another means of black mailing

Can I please get an advice on what my options are?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

First of all - am I going to be subjected to any legal action for the money she transferred to my account?


Secondly, if she blackmail me with a video then can I take legal action against her? How do I stop her from publishing any such content if she has it. I saw videos of lot of guys with her and I'm worried she may have videod me as well, in one of the discussion she hinted something on these lines.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

1 Well, it depends. If she is a mad and unreasonable then she is probably going to go down to the police station and lie through her teeth and then they will have to waste their resources on her stupid attention seeking childish twaddle.

If you are based abroad though then they are not going to extradite you unless she is literally going to start making allegations of very serious offences.

On your account, you do not seem to have committed an offence. It depends really. Obviously taking money to arrange sex orgies can be an offence. It depends what you did exactly.

But the problem is that vexatious allegers usually exagerrated and embellish the trivial incidents that happen to them.

2 You can report her for blackmail if indeed it does amount to blackmail. You will need to come to the UK to do that.

If she has videoed you without consent then there is a further offence in that that can be reported and if she has no consent then you probably could get an injunction forcing the website provider to take it down or her to remove it. The problem is that you will have to litigate in the jurisdiction of the defendant if you want it to be enforceable.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No she is basically sayin that all the money that she transferred including any money towards dinners or entertainment was basically a loan and I need to return her back all taht money.


On the video front can I not take any action to stop her from releasing any video - if she has any?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

She will have to sue you in the jurisdiction that you are in which she is not going to do. Just ignore her.

You could seek a preventative injunction but its very expensive and if you cannot identify a specific video then probably fruitless.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I used to be a UK resident (taxable purpose onlu) and basically only few months back it expired and I've permanaently moved out of the country and I no longer hold UK residence visa of any sort nor I live there.


But because of my past residency status can she sue me in UK?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, but its not enforceable outside of the UK and you are no longer there.

She won't do that anyway. She is just a malingerer. If she cannot call the police and have them deal with it for her for free then she will just do nothing beyond updating her Facebook page and making wild allegations of abuse to her friends. Its very rare that young ladies like her are willing to put their hand in their own pocket and bear the cost of legal action.

Quite frankly, my own personal view is that if they had to get up off the sofa and turn the TV and walk down to the police station to make a report instead of just calling them and having them dance attendance upon them then quite a lot of crime reports wouldn't be made.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I'm confused now...what I basically need to understand is taht we had no legal contract what so ever, she transferred some money over the period of 2-3 years, she just pulled out her bank statement and said that she transferred it so I need to return all that. Where as most of it is the money that I've been giving her in cash etc ... I want to understand whether or not I can be forced to pay taht money?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

But, of course, you are presuming that she will tell the truth. Some people do lie sometimes. She is alleging that it was a loan. If it was a loan then she can sue for its recovery.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but I never agreed to any such loan or reqeusted it and yes this is what she is calling it

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
That wouldn't make any difference unless you returned the money.

Unless, of course, it is accepted that it was a gift or for some services rendered.