How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I have been trying to gain access to my social services records

This answer was rated:

I have been trying to gain access to my social services records (I was in care in the 70's/80's) for a number of years now (off on and on) and keep being fobbed off by the local council, whats my rights?

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

Have you made a "Subject Access Request" for this information?

Your legal right to obtain any personal information held by you is contained in the Data Protection Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I will try this, I hadn't even heard of it before, I wish I knew years ago


Thanks for your help


No problem.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist any further?

Kind regards