How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, I am moving from the UK to South Africa in 2 weeks time,

Customer Question


I am moving from the UK to South Africa in 2 weeks time, and as per school policy gave notice at the beginning of the school term that we are leaving. The school is planning a trip in June which they send consent forms for, which I never approved or send back.

Now the school wants me to still pay for the trip because apparently they already paid earlier in the year, and they say that they paid assuming my son would join.

The above is very high level, just wanted to see what are my options.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

From what you have stated, you are correct, if you notified the school at the beginning of the term that you were moving to South Africa, and assuming that a terms notice is required, then you are fine and the school cannot force you to pay for the trip, which you have also not consented to.

May I help further?