How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We own a drive at our house and we have a Grant of Right of

Customer Question

We own a drive at our house and we have a Grant of Right of Way Agreement dated and signed 26th November 2013.the agreement states the "Grantee" agrees to complete the Access Way within 18 months of the date of the grant. The Grantee is not abiding by this agreement and is not completing the Access Way. We are both pensioners of limted financial means please advise.

Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid the only way that the Grantee may be forced to honour their agreement is to go to court to seek an order forcing them to do so as they are in breach of contract.

The grantee may also be asked to pay damages for their breach of contract to put you back in the same position you would have been had the Grantee not breached the contract.

You may need to get a local solicitor to write the Grantee a letter before action asking them to remedy their breach within a reasonable time or face court action.

May I help further?