How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi Jo Re my question last week . Can I lay a charge OF CRIMINAL

This answer was rated:

Hi Jo
Re my question last week .
Can I lay a charge OF CRIMINAL DAMAGE against the guy, ( who I asked you about last week RE CONCRETE BASE)
He damaged my land - trees - shrubs etc
Thanks Geoff

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Are you asking if what he has done constitutes criminal damage please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo

Yes does it constitute criminal damage



I can't open your other post at the moment. Is it possible to tell me what happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo

This neighbour decided to take 10m of my land he dug down and put a concrete base put fencing up and damaged / cut down trees - shrubs etc

to achieve his goals .He then placed 4 plastic dustbins on the area he concreted.

My question was : By him damaging my trees / shrubs /plants /soil does this constitute criminal damage ?

Thanks Geoff


It does constitute criminal damage in academic law.

Whether or not the police would be interested is another matter. The reality is that they may not.

You could always sue them in civil criminal damage for the value of the goods. That would probably be your best option.

You can also take out a private prosecution for criminal damage but that would be expensive and CPS may take it over and drop it.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo thanks.

The nasty neighbour has just called me to apologised and said he would take down the structure and restore the land to its original condition- so hopefully all will end well !!

thanks for your advice.

Kind regards


No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo I have jut lid or this question via pay pal can you make certain of receive the payment ?
Because of he problem with his neighbour I have checked my title deeds and realised I own 30m x 30m of land in front of neighbours house .
This land was registered to my property 2 years ago .
It is not on his tittle I have checked .
The neighbour has had full use of this land and has maintained it ie cut the grass etc
Question : has he gained any rights over his land ?
Question : should I fence land off ?
Question : should I tell him to keep off of my land ?
Thanks Geoff
I think I answered this on your other question.