How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was injured when a wall on a right of way fell on me. I have

This answer was rated:

I was injured when a wall on a right of way fell on me. I have no personal injury insurance.
The wall was in a dangerous condition and should have been repaired by the owner. Can I claim compensation in the small claims court?

Yes, you may make a claim against the owner of the wall.

I would suggest that you retain an APIL solicitor to take on your case, possibly on a conditional fee basis
I.e. No win no fee basis

May I help further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


What is an APIL solicitor?

Can I take the claim to the Small Claims Court myself?

Association of Personal Injury Lawyers who are specialist personal injury claims.

I would advise you to appoint a solicitor although, yes, you could do it yourself. You have a better chance of claiming with a specialist lawyer.

Normally in personal injury claims, your lawyers fees are paid by the other side so you receive 100% compensation in damages.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Thanks for that.

I note your advice BUT Can I take my claim to the Small Claims Court myself assuming that my claim is below the requisite threshold?


Yes you may do so.

If you know how much you are claiming, you may make a claim online at

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you