How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I have two convictions in the 1980s one for drunk and disorderly

Customer Question

I have two convictions in the 1980's one for drunk and disorderly and one for public disorder will they still be on my record
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Are you applying for a job? If so, doing what?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Courier driver
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

These are spent convictions.

Your new employer is not entitled to know about spent convictions.

If a standard criminal record check is done these will not appear.

They only appear on enhanced checks which are usually for jobs such as teachers, social workers, police officers etc.

This should not be a problem for you.