How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Hello, my name is ***** ***** wanted to ask you a question about

This answer was rated:

my name is ***** ***** wanted to ask you a question about extending uk visa. Me and my friend just graduated from the university and we may have a contract with a venue,which is proud camden doing monthly events, as we are event managers. And i wanted to ask you if it is enough to get a uk visa or we need to do a proper internship?
Thank you in advance
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.

What visa are you currently on?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Right now i have the residence permit and it expires in october

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean a Tier 4 visa? or an EEA residence permit?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry i dont really know the difference. Right now i have the uk residence permit for 2 years and it expires this october

Thank you for your reply. Not to worry.

Was your visa given to you to study in the UK at a university or college? and not work?
Are you look for an internship? Or full time employment in the UK?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

Yes my visa was given only to study in uk, in london's university called "the institute of contemporary performance.

Ye i am looking for the internship, but i wanted to know if the monthly contract with the venue in enough to get visa or no?


Thank you for your reply.

If you will only have a monthly contract with a venue then , no this would not be sufficient for you to obtain a visa allowing you to get an internship in the UK. You need to be employed by the venue for at least 12 months to be able to obtain a visa and extend your permission to remain in the UK.

The visa you are looking for is called a Tier 5 temporary work visa - please see the following link:

You can only switch into this visa if you were issued with:

• student, whether studying, re-sitting an examination or writing a thesis
• student union sabbatical officer
• student nurse
• postgraduate doctor or dentist
• Tier 4 visa
• sponsored researcher who came to the UK on a work permit and you want to continue in the same job with your sponsor

The application fees and the how to apply is all detailed on the above link.

The fact is that monthly income is not sufficient to secure an extension of your visa, it would nee to be secured internship which is less than 12 months. You must ensure that the employer is able to employ non EEA workers and that they issue you with a Certificate of Sponsorship before you submit the application for a Tier 5 visa.

I hope this answers your question. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you a lot for help. I will contact you if i have further question. For now thank you

Its a pleasure, I will be more than happy to assist you in the future,

Kind regards