How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We live in 1 half of a semi-detached pair. The owner of the

This answer was rated:

We live in 1 half of a semi-detached pair. The owner of the other half went into a home some 4 years ago, the property is falling apart.
The solicitor representing her interests has done nothing about essential repairs, or anything else.
We understand that, at the start of the year, Powers of Attorney and other legals were completed and that the property would be sold.
The solicitor has not responded to m y latest enquiries as to status, in fact his last letter back was 'go away I will not communicate with you again'
There are blown down fences causing problems but more importantly the property seems to be subsiding, which is obviously a concern.
How to progress?
Formal complaint, but to who?

You may complain to the local authority especially if there are environmental health issues but other than that, there is not much that you can do other than to secure your own fences and property.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, ***** *****

What about damage to mine when the other half of the semi falls down (or nearly falls down, history of subsidence in the area)



Then you would need to make a claim against the owner of the property or against your insurance if you are covered.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you