How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a Spanish national resident in the UK since 1978. I have

Customer Question

I am a Spanish national resident in the UK since 1978. I have recently bought a property in Spain with the intention to fix my residency there. At the end of March I travelled to the UK for the birth of my second gradson and very soon after my arrival I was diagnosed with an advanced for of lung cancer. My treatment is taking place in East Sussex and I cannot travel to Spain for the time being. I have not written a will as I was waiting for the purchase of my flat to come through. Is there a way for a Spanish national to write a will in the UK that includes a property in Spain?

Thank you very much for your help.

Pilar Munoz Juan
University Lecturer (retired)
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is possible to do this.

You may use a firm such as this one who can assist you with the process

Hope this helps