How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am the owner of a caravan at Park Resorts Skipsea Sands Holiday

This answer was rated:

I am the owner of a caravan at Park Resorts Skipsea Sands Holiday Park. My dog was tied up outside my caravan & I was sitting in a deck chair outside. A golf type buggy came round the corner & hit my dog causing a £254.57 vets bill. The driver said she didn,t see my dog. The site refuse to pay the bill as they say my dog should not have been tied up although there is no rule stating that dogs are not allowed outside, "dogs must be kept on a lead & kept under control at all times" She was on a lead & was under control as I was outside with her.
Just wondered where I stand legally on this matter


Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Have you contacted the driver of the golf buggy please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, the driver gave a statement to the site manager saying my dog leapt at her buggy & she stopped immediately but still hit the dog

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hang on , you have taken £33 pounds out of my account but you haven,t given me any advise yet!!!!!!!!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see you have opted the expert out and I will try assist.

You should to write to the driver and set out your losses and ask for a refund of the costs and vets bills within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: or by competing form N1 at:

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the Defendant and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the caravan site is refusing to give me her name & address !!

Then sadly you need to apply to the Court for a Court Order making the owner disclose that information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do I do that??

You need to apply on Form N244:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the site say I cannot sue an individual, they won,t give me her name due to con fidentiality. Can I get legal aid? I am 65 years old & on Pension credit

No you can't get legal aid. You must get a court order asking them to disclose the details.