How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10734
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

We have been crossing a public house carpark without any legel

Customer Question

We have been crossing a public house carpark without any legel permission for 15 years have we got any legel right to carry on
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

If a party exercises a right of way over private land that does not belong to them, and this right is exercised without the consent of the owner, then that party does acquire a legal easement but only once the use has been ongoing for 20 years or more.

I am therefore sorry to say that you have not acquired any such legal right to continue to cross the car park.

Kind Regards