How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am purchasing a property as a cash buy and have been asked

This answer was rated:

I am purchasing a property as a cash buy and have been asked to provide proof of the source of funds. The funds were a gift from my mother who gave them to me from the sale of her property after divorce. The funds were transfered directly to me from my mother's solicitors account at her request. How should I go about proving the source as they did actually come from my Mother's accoun

You should ask your mother's solicitor to write a letter explaining that the funds were transferred to you from their account and that they were a gift to you from your mother.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you