How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have recently purchased the equitable interest in a jointly

This answer was rated:

I have recently purchased the equitable interest in a jointly owned property from the trustees in bankruptcy of my ex partner. My financial representative omitted to include the interest that had accrued on a charging order registered against the property by Barclays Bank when calculating the value of the bankrupt's estate, do I have a negligence claim against him. He was well aware that the charging order was subject to 8% interest per annum but based his calculations on the sum borrowed of £122,000 not £173,000 which included the interest. He has received IRO £25,000 in fees

Yes, it would appear that you have a good ground to complain against the TIB.

See here for how to do so

If you get no joy with the complaint, you may take court action against the TIB for negligence and claim damages being the interest which they did not include.

A claim for money may be made online at

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Please could you read through my question again as it was my financial advisor who omitted to include the interest owed to Barclays when entering into negotiations with the TIB.


I paid my financial advisor £25,000 in fees.



Sorry for the misunderstanding.

In that case, your complaint would be against your financial adviser and the same principle would apply I.e. You may make a court claim against him or her for damages.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you