How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have employed my girlfriend as a Maid in Hong Kong. She got

This answer was rated:

I have employed my girlfriend as a Maid in Hong Kong. She got pregnant but we fell out and I also returned to England. I was was forced to terminate her employment. There are 2 main alleged offences: making false representations to immigration and firing the maid while pregnant in contravention of labour law-could I be extradited to HK to face chargews for said alleged offences?

Firing an employee is not a criminal issue but a civil matter so it does does not fall within the grounds for extradition.

Making false representations for immigration purposes is a criminal matter but not strong enough to merit extradition in my opinion as say murder, robbery etc.

So, you are unlikely to be extradited.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you