How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

hi Ben I also have a query with regard to an investment I

This answer was rated:

hi Ben
I also have a query with regard to an investment I did in 2012. It was a long term investment (bamboo trees in the rainforest) with a company in UK (RXCA CAPITAL). The investment is £10000 and i have tried to cancel this as i am not happy with proceeding due to their lack of communication and updates regarding my investment. They have categorically denied any refund, I know it doesnt allow in the contract and due to its long term period, I am worried that I will lose out. I had a few long term investments with other companies in similar projects (which I did in 2011) and all those companies have closed down and I have lost a substantial amount of money. hence I am very dubious of the longevity of this company and how they cover their backs in red tape and legislation outside of UK.
is this something you can advise on?

Ben Jones :

Hello, thanks for requesting me but unfortunately this is not quite my area. What I will do is open this to all other UK Law experts so if anyone can help you they will contact you on here. Thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

What date did you invest and what date did you try and cancel please?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Alex
Thank you for your reply
I will email the details across to you later today once I have my file with me.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alex
The original contract was done in aug 2012 and until I contacted them in Dec 2012 I was never contacted or updated.
This investment is thru a broker in whom I have lost all trust as they pushed me into an investment in 2011 in which I have since lost £5000
When we transacted this seemed a good and sound investment.

The broker sent contracts for another company (RXCA CAPITAL) who were offering investments in bamboo in South America (I think)
The contract is issued for the bamboo maintenance and management between myself and yet another company based in Luxembourg.

As this is too similar to the previous investment I did, I asked for it to be terminated in October - Dec 2012 and again in April 2013 but they say no!

I can almost guarantee this money will be lost too as this company is not proactive and the investment is almost identical to the one I did before.

It's confusing and I don't mean to be, I just want to recoup my losses.

Why have you now waited over a year before deciding to take any action please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My husband visited RXCA last year to ascertain more about them and he asked them to cancel the contract but they refused although the offered to put me into another shorter contract.
I wasn't too worried until earlier this year when the other investment defaulted and I lost my monies.
Having looked at these carefully I see too many similarities in them and with this one I am supposed to pay out for tree felling fees for year 2&3 before payout presumably starts from year 4.
I just can't see that happening and what I have read about these type of investments- there is no positive outcome.
The broker that got me into these contracts simply doesn't respond and I am fed up of being conned.

Lastly the time delay in doing something about it was purely a financial one as we got married last year, so wedding, honeymoon, house etc has taken precedence to a certain degree

Thank you

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Alex
On what basis can I request a refund because when I did so last time they just said no and told me to check the contract t&c
If you have been misled or you think they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care and therefore in breach of section 13 of the sale and supply of goods and services act 1982


Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you