How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71159
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I recently attended a course where the offer to book and pay

This answer was rated:

I recently attended a course where the offer to book and pay was if it did not work, it was a money back guarantee offer. However, as it clearly failed to work, do I have a case. The value of the course is £300. His offer is to redo the course and not the money back offer.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Was the guarantee clearly a refund or a further course?

What was the exact wording?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo

His website and advertising method is simple.


To remove any risk from your experience, our promise is that when you complete our unique speaking process and if you have not become an effective speaker, we offer you a 100% money back guarantee.



Spent a fortune on travel and hotels. He offered to redo course, now withdrawn. He argues I was fine on the day and therefore no refund allowed. His view take me to court.


Are there any caveats to that at all?

I notice that you haven't yet left feedback for a previous answer so I wonder if you could do that now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure what answer?



On the face of it, you are entitled to your money back. That offer is clear and its a money back guarantee.

Obviously I haven't had vision of this case so I cannot say if there are any caveats but if there are not then that guarantee is clear.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So is the only way to try and claim is through the small claim court?

If they will not honour this otherwise then that is your only way to force them to do so.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you