How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am sorry to bothe you so late, i have couples of questions

Customer Question

I am sorry to bothe you so late, i have couples of questions to ask and i dont think I can wait till tomorrow.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I come from Poland and my husband from Malaysia ( non-eu) country. We met in UK and have been together about 10 months before we got married in September 2013. We have now been married for about 9 months.
Since the first month we got married my husband been emotionally abusing me, been very aggressive, controlling and possessive.
I have seen my doctor about 3 months after we got married regarding the issue and got prescribed an antidepressants treatment to take for 6 months.
We then both decided to go counselling but more vulnerable and week I got the more abusive and powerful he got towards me. Until one day while he was at work I decided to pack up my stuff and move out before it turned physical. I am now couple of weeks pregnant expecting end of February next year and terrified. I can't sleep, concentrate and forget about it, I keep crying every time I remind myself about what he did to me or what he is going to do yet. I even started seeing counsellor one to one to help me through the difficult time and I am currently under ongoing therapy. My husband and I have now ceased communication.

I want to divorce my husband. I don't want any money from him or any share of his assets. I also don't want his money towards raising our child.
Can I divorce before the one year of being married and before the baby is born.
I would like to know everything regarding parental rights before and after birth.
Who has the most parental rights
Which surname baby can have ( I changed my surname to my husbands after we got married)
I prefer to have a baby in Poland and be close to my parents in the first couple of months. Can I do that without my husband knowing. Do I have to have his permission. What if I decide to live in Poland and stay there permanently. Can I do that with my husband still living in UK . Do I need to let him know every time I want to to on holiday, abroad or have his permission.
The most I am worry about is abuse towards our child. I was abused by him before many many times and I am terrified he will do the same to our child. Can I some how stop him from doing this and protect both of us. Can we set up for example supervised visits for couple of years until our child can decide for him/her self.
I am very scared he will try to take our child away from me. He did managed to control me for a while and my whole life and knowing him and what he can do he will try his best to control both of us, myself and our baby and everything to do with it.

The is one more thing I wanted to ask. I have a land in Poland worth a lot of money. I owned for several years before I met and got married to my husband. Will I have to sell it now, does my husband have any rights or shares to the land.

I am so sorry to overload you with my problem, I just hope you have a answer for me which will give me some hope towards our future with the least stress as possible.
Many thanks for listening,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Not my area then I'm afraid.

I'll opt out for you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Who do I suppost to contact from your department regarding this? Can someone from family law answer my question ? Do I have to pay the fee again to speak to someone else? Many thanks, Iwona