How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my son has learning and personality disorder . He has been

Customer Question

my son has learning and personality disorder . He has been in trouble with the police for drunk and disorderly recently . Has also been before the courts before for the same thing .
He allows people into his home , whom take advantage , encourage him to drink . Which always leads to trouble .
As parents in the process of trying to have the council move him nearer to us so we can monitor him better . We are also slowly managing his finances . How ever we are at a loss as to how far we can control , his income , to restrict his spending on alcohol .
HE is 34 . has no support services of any kind . never offered any for many years .
can you tell me if they could send him to jail? He recently threatened suicide . I am worried , he may not cope with prison .
We don,t know what to do . We have contacted a solicitor , awaiting a response .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Does he have any previous convictions please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes alot

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
For similar offences?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Best of luck.