How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have received a letter from the local council telling me

Customer Question

I have received a letter from the local council telling me that my viability assessment to look after my step children whilst they have been taken from the care of their birth mother temporarily was negative and the LA are not progressing my assessment further. Should I wish to pursue the care of Kay and Blake I can issue my application at the Court Office. I am 'strongly advised' to seek legal advice from a solicitor. I cannot afford whatever the fee may be for this and hope you can tell me what I need to put in my application. I have no doubt they will knock it back as they seem determined to keep this 3 and 6 year old apart from everyone they know and love! I have several issues with the viability report as the social worker involved lied and also left out crucial facts, which I planned to include with the application. Is it as simple as writing a statement of why I think I am better suited to care for the children than the couple they are currently with (after been moved from the care of an Aunt who should never have got a positive viability report - not sour grapes!) ?  My telephone no. is XXXXX XXXXXX

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law