Hi have just seen a review on Tripadvisor where the reviewer

Hi have just seen a review on Tripadvisor where the reviewer stated

'After many years of being tun by a fool!!'

They are referring to me I am now running a different pub not far away from that one so still dealing with local people in same market so not happy with this comment.

Can I take action over this libel statement?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you asked trip adviser to take it down please?

No not yet

It sounds a bit harsh but I would like to worry the person who did this by threatening legal action, I know who he is and he needs to learn that you cant do things like that

Alex Watts :

If you want to sue you could

Alex Watts :

However I should warn it is a High Court proceedings in front of a senior Judge with a jury

Alex Watts :

You would need specialist Solicitor and Barrister to represent you.

Alex Watts :

The cost of this is likely to be in excess of £15,000 and legal aid wont be available due to changes.

Alex Watts :

So yes, you can take action over the statement but it may end up costing a lot for what a Judge may view as a modest statement

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :