How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Sirs, my landlady failed to protect my tenancy deposit i won

This answer was rated:

Sirs, my landlady failed to protect my tenancy deposit i won judgement but it was set aside due to her not receiving it as moving house. She has put in a defence. The court wants to put the whole case into small claims court, i fear this as i do not think she will pay if this happens. Meanwhile she has offered me half the monies which i have accepted. She wants my solictor to send an agreement letter of acceptance to her and the court. I have now been told my legal aid has been cancelled, i have tried solicitors given to me by leagal advice (no help), i have tried citizen advice (no help available). I need to know the format of an agreement letter so i can sent to her and the court. I have been ill time is running out please help. I have to send papers to court by 23rd june. *****@******.***

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Are you asking me to draft something?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo, yes please i just need a draft letter/agreement of acceptance of her offer i can send to my landlady and the court accepting her offer. my landlady asked for this in her email saying it should be an agreement for her to sign giving her 2 weeks to pay and given to the court. i have been ill in bed for 2 weeks and am late with this.thankyou

All you need to do is to write her a letter and market "without prejudice save as to costs" at the top.

Tell her that you accept our offer of £ X in full and final settlement of your claim provided it is received by DATE, failing which you will continue with the court proceedings.

Tell her that once you have cleared funds, you will write to the court and tell them that the matter is settled.

It really needs to be no more complicated than that.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, sorry i forgot one thing in her defence sent to the court by her solicitor my landlady stated she had now paid me £500 but i have received no monies from her, i do not trust her, do i tell the court i have not received this money and what do i call my reply to her defence thankyou

Put that in the letter. Say that she previously claimed to have paid £500 which was not received by you and therefore any reference to that £500 as being part payment is not accepted.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile