How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

The local community council (two members came to my door at

Customer Question

The local community council (two members came to my door at 9.00pm.) They told me to move my car which was parked on my own land. When I explained to them it was my land they told me I was not allowed to park there. On my title deeds it says I have rights of access and egress to my property. There is a public footpath running past my property and a gate at the end of it. The following day I found that they had put a padlock on this gate which means there is no access into my property apart from on foot. They are now saying I only have access on foot. What happens if I have a fire in my house as there is no way for a fire engine or any vehicle to get near my house
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

This seems quite unbelievable. Can you explain the position a liitle more?

What precisely is the wording in your title deed as regards access? And access over what? Are you driving over a public footpath with a vehicle?

Can you describe the area, number of houses, access for others etc?

Full details please and I'll help you with this.