How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

do i have a right to abide in UK if i have lived there and

This answer was rated:

do i have a right to abide in UK if i have lived there and have a son born before 1983 in uk

What is your nationality and where are you at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My nacionality is venezuelan
And my son have a Brithis passport . He is actually
Married with an spanish girl and has two childrens
All Of them with a European passport . I would like
To know what I am entitled to and if i can spend
Timé in a Uk when I decides to retire
Thank you.

You do not have the right of abode in the UK on the basis of your son being born in the UK.

You may qualify for an elderly dependent visa if you have no one back home to look after you, if you are simply looking to retire in the UK, you would need to qualify in your own right and not on the basis of your son being a British Citizen.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you explain to me whats exactly is an erderly dependent visa and if my son has to be living in UK in order for me to to apply

Yes, your son must be living in the UK to sponsor you for the adult dependent visa, which you can read about here:

Please leave feedback as your question has been answered.
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you