How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

hi I have had a cleaning contract with the same company for

Customer Question

hi I have had a cleaning contract with the same company for over 13 years a procurement manager came in I had a meeting with him he asked me to cut cost etc which I did he asked for lots of documentations which I submitted all except my cost details as he said I didn't need to rush on them. 3 weeks ago I started getting lots of emails from the facilities manager moaning about the cleaning non stop 3/4 emails a day he made appointments with me but never gave me dates\times so I couldn't attend. he has verbally attacked me in avery aggressive manner. Thursday I received a termination letter. but looking at my contract which ended in march2014 but rolls on for another year if either party dosent give 60 days intent of termination before march 2014 do I have a case and what do I do next. thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What would you like to claim?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I demand they still give me the contract for the rest of the year ?

or what can I claim

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to know if I can get my contract back ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You may certainly try and say that your contract should be reinstated but normally, you would be able to claim damages for breach of contract if they refuse to reinstate the contract.

You would need to go to court if they refuse to settle the matter with you amicably.

You also have a duty to mitigate your loss by looking for another contract with another company.

The most you could claim is the amount you would have earned between the time the contract was terminated and the expiry date of the contract.

May I help further?