How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I would like an answer to my previous question please

This answer was rated:

I would like an answer to my previous question please

Alex Hughes :

My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

I cannor see what your previous question was. What do you need to know please?


I cannot find your answer,please advise

Alex Hughes : I haven't yet provided an answer - need to know your question.

I am a leaseholder of a ground floor flat, at the end of January this year drug addicts were put into the flat above me, and have caused me nothing but problems, as I understand they are on injecting heroin cannabis and drinking as wellThis has caused me a great deal of problems and stress. I am 78 years old and disabled.I have kept a diary of all that has been going on and obviously the council are involved as I have had to complain about their behaviour, they are council tenants and were evicted from their last premises,having 10 days notice to leave.The council have put them into a block of 4 flats which are lived in by elderly tennants.Could you tell me if I have any rights as a leaseholder or any riights at all. many thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Who owns the freehold please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The freehold belongs to the local council.


Which is the London Borough of Havering. kind regards

Have you made a formal complaint to the Council please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have made a formal complaint.and the police have been involved many times,but apparently they have to follow certain procedures before the case can be taken to courtas they have human rights, which they have to follow. .kind regards

Have you had a final response from the Council?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The response that I have got/is that things have to be dealt with in a certain way which cannot be hurried,and that the tennants upstairs have the right to be helped to get better,and that tjey have to be sure that if it goes to court that they have enough feels like a no win situation.


kind regards




Ok - you need to write and complain and get a formal response.

Once you have this and if you are unhappy with the reply then you can go to the Ombudsman. They are free, independent and will examine your complaint. Their website is:

If you are still unhappy you can complain to your local Councillor - after all you elect them.

The Council and Police can apply for a premises closure order, that is an order closing the property where there has been anti social behaviour.

This Order can close a property for 2 weeks and can be gotten within 14 days, so it is quick.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help ,I will certainly go ahead with what you have suggested, and I am grateful for your advice. Many thanks,

Happy to help!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I did give you a rating of excellent, many thanks

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid 30.00 for help with one matter , but i did niot want to pay 40.00 for member ship, can I please be reimbursed for the 40.00 many thanks

Might I ask you to contact customer services please. I don't have access to billing.