a customer owes me £1060. Ive issued a small claims court

a customer owes me £1060. I've issued a small claims court summons which my customer has ignored and now I've asked for a judgement which has been rejected but I've no idea why it's been rejected and am not sure what I can do now? Can I ask for another judgement?

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. How long after the acknowledgement did you wait? Did you apply for a default judgment?
Kind regards AJ

it was 14 months after the acknowledgement and yes I did ask the a default judgment

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

It has been rejected as you have 4 months to request Judgment after the issue of proceedings etc.

As it has been over 4 months the request for Judgment is automatically stayed.

you need to apply to lift the stay using form N244

You need to set out the reason for the delay and ask the Court to remove it so you can enter Judgment

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience