How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

an elderly gentleman came to england illegally from india back

This answer was rated:

an elderly gentleman came to england illegally from india back in 1953. he has worked all his life and has a national insurance number. he married an english woman and had 5 children who are in there 50s and 40s. he wants to visit his sisters in india before he dies but he needs a passport and also wants to come back home to here

He may apply for further to leave to remain on the basis of long residence and private life on the basis that he has lived in the UK for over 20 years. He needs to apply on form FLR(O):

He will first need to obtain a valid Indian passport so that a UK residence permit may be granted to him.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou. how does he go about applying for an indian passport

See here for information on this from the High Commission of India in London:

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you