How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

How do we go about changing our deeds to include a small plot

Customer Question

How do we go about changing our deeds to include a small plot of land we have used fir twenty years. The previous owner (a farmer) kept this small corner to shelter his sheep but when he became too old to farm he rented out his fields and we took over this small plot adjacent to our property. On the owners death the land was left to the family who we approached with an offer to buy. We were told that the plot was too small to warrant a meeting of the trustees and in any case he had consulted the ordinance survey plan and decided that the area was ours. The land has since been re-sold and the survey for the auction did not include this small area which is now effectively in no-mans land. We are looking for a company who could sort this out for us. Thank you. Val Jeans
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am assuming that the particular plot of land is registered at the Land Registry.

You would need to make an application for adverse possession on form ADV1.I would suggest that you appoint a solicitor or a registered conveyancer to make the application as it can be complicated.

I suggest you read this guide from the Land Registry:

You may search here for the nearest solicitor to you who can handle your application:

May I help further?