How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

Had my house re - roofed. The roofing firm left with a few

This answer was rated:

Had my house re - roofed. The roofing firm left with a few details unfinished - re - align guttering etc. I had to employ another firm which reluctantly took on job. In the process dreadful workmanship from previous firm was discovered. I paid in cash and do not have anything but invoices for materials and photographs of shoddy work.
Is there anything I can do ?

Hello, many thanks your question. My name is ***** ***** I should be able to help you with this.

Can iask would you know the identities of the individuals that you instructed to do the work the first time around? You do not need to name them on here, as this is a public website, but I simply need to understand whether you know who they are.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I the identity and name of the person who describes himself as the company director also names of another two of the workers.

Okay. If you contracted with a company, then really,it is the company that you are likely to have to sue to obtain your money back.

To issue proceedings to recover any sums due to you, you could use the online claim service at

This is the most cost-effective and efficient method by which to start a claim . if the sum you are seeking to recover is less than £10,000, then it is possible to do this yourself, without legal representation. if you seek in excess of £10,000 , then I would encourage you to see a lawyer to assist you in progressing the claim.


tdlawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you