How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have signed a contract with a car company and paid £500 I

This answer was rated:

I have signed a contract with a car company and paid £500 I have changed my mind about buying the car and the car sale man is dying I now loose by deposit. Can I scan and email the contract I have sign to see if this is legal?
When and where did you sign the contract?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

12/6/14 The Chelsea Car Company in Chichester in there showroom.

Thank you.

Please try uploading the contract here using the paperclip icon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

You have a statutory 14 days cooling off period to cancel the car finance and should do so immediately.

However, the car purchase contract is a separate matter and no cooling off period applies to that, so you need to speak to the dealer and see whether they are willing to cancel the contract and refund the deposit.

You may lose the deposit if they agree to cancel the contract, of they may agree to refund the deposit and cancel the contract.

May I help further?

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you