How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, I am filling out the Law Society Property Information Form

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am filling out the Law Society Property Information Form as the owner of our freehold property which is currently under offer. I would like advice on how to answer the question below. In March this year we received a letter from a firm of surveyors concerning an insurance claim made by the owner of the property adjacent to ours for subsidence (we live in a terrace house). The letter advised us to carry out repairs to 3 drains which they assessed and ascertained them to have issued like root intrusion (these three drains are shared between us and the neighbour). Included with the letter was a report on the drains for the property adjacent to us and I have subsequently requested CCTV images to substantiate the claims made by the surveyor that drain lines 1 -3 are faulty on our side (which I have requested from the surveying company and am waiting to receive). What I need to know is how much of this we relay to answer the following bearing in mind we have had no subsidence or movement in our property over the 10 years we have lived there. The question is:

Have any notices or correspondence been received or sent (eg from or to a neighbour, council or government department), or any negotiations or discussions taken place, which affect the property or a property nearby. If yes please give details.

thank you for your help.

You would need to give as much information as you can about the correspondence you have had with the insurers etc. i.e. all the information which you have set out in your question here today.

The explanatory notes here will guide you:

May I help further?

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you