How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12087
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a grade 2 listed farmhouse which has been devalued due

This answer was rated:

I have a grade 2 listed farmhouse which has been devalued due to planning proposal to build an estate on green belt directly over my boundary wall
involves Rotherham Borough Council, Wentworth Estates and English Heritage
Need some advice where to start please
Trevor Horner
07711 062282
email: *****@******.***
Thank you for your question.

Have you seen a planning consultant to help you with this? My initial advice would be that you do so and that you serve a blight notice so as to protect your position. That means that your property may have to be bought at market value or compensation paid to take account of the planning proposal.

See a planning consultant but that may be your remedy.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will take your advice re the planning consultant thank you.

The term serve a "blight notice" gives me a specific label for my problem which I can use when talking to my planning consultant.

if you can think of any other terms that may help me in my future discussions I would really appreciate knowing them.

Kind regards



Thanks for your reply.

I don't have any other terms that would help you but I hope that what I've told you will be of help.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you