How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband used to take oppium drug but is with a clinic where

This answer was rated:

My husband used to take oppium drug but is with a clinic where is just about to finish his recovering. Is getting his controlled medication which is reducing week by week and in about 1 or 2 months will be off the medication, he is smoking weed though, very rarely. I am not taking any drugs and am breast feeding my 4 months old baby. We just moved to a new area and mY husband is attending a new clinic where they told him that it s possible social services can take the baby away from us because of my husband situation. We are both working full time and I am on maternity now. I am not aware of this new law. Is it true? What about me?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There is no new law involved.
If Social Services believe that the child is at risk because of your husband's drug taking then they can start Child Protection Proceedings
Given the fact that your husband is addressing his addiction it is unlikely that Social Services would wish to do anything other than monitor the situation - with the worst case scenario being that you may have to choose between your husband or you baby - but even this is not likely
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you