How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3839
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Where do i stand when a builder refuses to pay me for work

This answer was rated:

Where do i stand when a builder refuses to pay me for work I carried out as a sub contractor

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

If you have invoiced the builder for the work, and the builder has no contractual right to withhold the monies you can start a money claim here .

Before starting the claim send the builder a letter warning that if they do not pay in 7 days you will start proceedings.

I would not though that if you want to try and work with this builder again I would try and use every opportunity you can to resolve the situation amicably.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Alex J. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you