How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

could I add your fee to the amount I am owed?

Customer Question

could I add your fee to the amount I am owed?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The company owns a road which they had managed by a Parking Control Co who was instructed by them. I was parking outside a building where I had an office and a parking ticket which allowed me to park there. from 8,30am to 9pm. The parking control Co enforcer had put a clamp on my car around 3pm and would not release the car unless I paid him £450 despite the fact that the parking ticket was displayed in the window. He said I could pay the fine and then claim it back from his co. This company were criminals and a registery search I did after paying the £450 showed there were £35,000 of CCJs against them unpaid. They were also sued by Wandsworth Council for £5,900 for illegal activities to do with parking and were the subject of a Daily Mail expose..

The company I am suing because it is a waste of tme going after the Parking Control Co had to pay out for a similar case which I have details of 2 years previous. However despite my getting a court order I have

not been paid and they didn't bother attending court.

I want my money back obviously but it woul d be useless to send a bailiff

if there was nothing to take for sale. I therefore was thinking of the High Court to get the money directly from their bank account.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have replied already to this question and I understand it has been open to all experts?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For some reason I have not yet received a reply to the information I sent.

Please advise.

Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Was it a small claim please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am at a loss to understand how the time of my message and your reply

are both prior to 9 pm when I first contacted Just Answer.

In reply to your question yes it was a small claim

Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
It may be that it's different time stamp as I am on holiday in the USA.

If its a small claim then no you can not claim the cost of just answer.

This is because as a small claim only costs where an injunction is made can be recovered and even that is limited to under £260

So as a small claim you can't add this cost.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?