How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was brought up in an argument between my brother and brother

This answer was rated:

I was brought up in an argument between my brother and brother in law - because they and my sister had taken the fun out of me behind my back and my brother was then beginning to feel ashamed of the fact. He told me and I stopped talking to my sister and brother in law, this was about eight years ago. Every chance since my brother in law has sends hurtful emails and text messages - the emails I have kept. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

What action would you like to take over this?

I'm not sure what you want to achieve?

Are you responding to the emails?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have responded to one email asking him to stop, I just want it to stop.


You can always complain to the police that he keeps contacting you and they will probably give him a harassment warning but the problem with that is that it would mean he cannot contact you at all ever for any reason which is probably not what you want.

I do understand that its frustrating but this is really a private matter to be sorted out between you. Obviously sometimes you can't do that with family and you just have to not speak to them for months on end! That is how families resolve disputes sometimes.

If you don't mind that he would not be able to contact you then you can complain to the police and they will probably tell him to stop.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you