How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am soon to come to the end of a mortgage arrangement with

This answer was rated:

I am soon to come to the end of a mortgage arrangement with my Building Society. The mortgage is for interest only with the remaining sum being paid by a separate endowment insurance policy. This policy is in joint names with someone I am no longer in contact with and have no knowledge of the whereabouts of. The endowment company is requesting joint signatures to release the funds, what can I do?

You may try and trace the other person, if they are dead, you may be able to get a copy of their death certificate so that you are paid the full amount.

The other option is to try and see if the insurer will pay you half of the policy until the other person turns up.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you